Denver Public Schools and the Gates Foundation asked us to develop a prototype classroom for 21st century learning. Kurani transformed a standard public school classroom into a model for how schools can create empowering environments.
How the design works
The classroom supports the collaborative moments in a project-based curriculum. The reconfigurable furniture, interactive learning tools, and graphics encourage students to work together and learn from peers.
Our prototype includes
- 5 unique learning spaces, each supporting different learning and teaching styles
- ability to reconfigure layout for fluid group sizes, from individual work up to group of 30 students
- multimedia panels for interactive collaboration, engagement, and learning
- Skype setup to connect students with experts from around the world
- messy zone for students who want to learn by making and doing
- locally fabricated furniture and learning tools